Pages

Thursday 2 April 2015

Hello World :-)

Dear World,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read my very first post, you are all awesome! Secondly, welcome to Nin's Letters, my new blog in which I will be writing letters to the world about the things that I love.

Seeing as this is my first post, I think I ought to introduce myself. I go by Nin, I am 17 years old and I live in a small, rural village in England. I am currently in year twelve in a sixth form college and I study english literature, history and psychology, all of which I love but english literature is certainly my favourite!

I have had a passion for books and reading from a young age and I now take pleasure in reading a huge variety of novels, poems and plays. However, I went through a faze when I was on the cusp of adolescence where I didn't read as it wasn't 'cool' to do so. In hindsight, that time period when I didn't read was the unhappiest I had been in my life and I strongly believe that not doing something that I loved played a huge part in that. By creating this blog and writing these letters, I would like to inspire all of you to take pleasure in your passions and love them publicly, because I would not want you to make the same mistake that I made.

I intend for this blog to be predominantly literature based as, in case you haven't guessed by now, I LOVE to read books and review them. However, the reviews posted on here will be in the form of a letter to the author of the novel rather than your bog standard review. The reason being for this is that I feel like I can share my thoughts and experiences of a novel better in this format. I do hope that you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them!Despite all these bookish thoughts, I do aim to include something other than this in the near future once I get accustomed to this new platform.

Right then, I guess that is all I need to say for now. I hope that you will stick around for my next letter which will be to J.K Rowling about my experiences with the Harry Potter series.

Signing off till next time,

Nin :-) x

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the World of Blogging. Nice introduction. My name is Orsayor, Founder of Book Referees. http://www.bookreferees.org/

    ReplyDelete